If you are expeirencing problems with ActiveTraffic and are seeing the green bar, we made changes in the latest update to show the Green traffic bar when you are connected to ActiveTraffic and our Traffic Data Provider believes there is free flowing traffic on your route within the next 60 miles from where you are currently positioned.
Please note there are a number of reasons why Traffic may not have appeared on your device...
1. Your device will check every 5 mins, if you have changed this interval in SETTINGS > ACTIVE TRAFFIC then you may not be receiving traffic updates every 5 mins
2. Your device will look 60 miles ahead, if you have changed this interval in SETTINGS > ACTIVE TRAFFIC then you may not be checking for traffic correctly
3. Your device may have been out of or had low cell phone coverage for the last couple of checks, and you may not have received the traffic report because of this
4. Our Traffic provider may not yet have received the traffic information from the local Highways Agencies and emergency services by the time you reach the traffic blackspot.
5. You may have only joined the traffic blackspot soon after it started. Please bear in mind that if a road is closed of most of the lanes, it only takes 1-2 mins for traffic to build up for 1-2 miles. It can take a lot longer for this to be reported and received on your device.
6. Our Traffic Data Providers cover all the major roads in our road network. This does not always include minor roads.
7. Our Traffic Data Providers may have a traffic incident recorded as a low confidence level. This means they have received numerous reports that although a road may be closed or have a traffic accident, they've since received reports that the road is open and as it's a low confidence level of whether the traffic is still at that location, it may not be shown.